Effective immediately, and until further notice, the following precautions will be taken against coronavirus at St Stephen’s Church:
– Communion in one kind (host and wafers) only will be offered to all communicants, with the priest alone taking the wine;
– After washing his hands at the lavabo with the aid of a server, the priest will have sanitising gel administered to his hands prior to the consecration of the host and wafers;
– Handshaking and other direct physical contact will be suspended during the sharing of the peace by the congregation and at the end of each Mass;
– Direct physical contact will be suspended as part of a blessing or the ‘laying on of hands’, particularly at the service following the 11.00am BCP Mass on the first Tuesday of every month;
– A hand sanitiser will be made available at the entrance to the church.
Thank you for your understanding and co-operation.