From 6th-10th August, Fr John Moore provided short talks on Guidelines, the daily programme aired by BBC Radio Guernsey.
Given the brilliant summer weather that we have had recently, Fr John chose various scenes from the Bible that take place in the sea as a basis for his reflections.
Scriptures used for the talks included:
- Exodus 14 (the parting of the Red Sea)
- Jonah 1 and 2 (the swallowing of Jonah by a giant fish)
- Luke 5. 1-3 (Jesus preaches from Simon’s boat on the Sea of Galilee)
- Mark 4. 35-41 (Christ calms the wind and the waves in the Sea of Galilee)
- Matthew 14. 22-33 (Our Lord walks on the water of the Sea of Galilee and encourages Peter to do the same).